Several months ago Kickstarter had a very successful project called the “Fidget Cube”, which pledged $6,465,690 of its $15,000 goal. In the last month often a Facebook advertisement from Gearbest was shown with a similar cube for half the price of the Fidget Cube. There are stories on product copycats from China derived from successful Kickstarter projects, even before the real production has started. The patent on the “Fidget Cube” is still pending. Generally, we would not support such copycats, but this time we were too curious to try the product.
Surprisingly when opening the tiny box the color of the Fidget was not as expected black but white and purple.
The Gearbest site it states: “Notice: there are eight different colors of the product, we will ship one color of them for you randomly.”
Like the Fidget the Gearbest stress cube has the same six sides with the following functions:
GEARBEST Vs KICKSTARTER
- SWITCH / CLICK (Pen effect, three clickers buttons and 2 silenced buttons)
- ROCKER / GLIDER (Game controller effect, joystick)
- SWITCH / FLIP (Light switch effect)
- RELIEVING PRESSURE / BREATHE (Rubbing effect)
- ROLL / ROLL (Three gears and a rolling ball)
- ROTATE DIAL / SPIN (Infinity spinning)
If you are a nervous person or have too much energy and like to fidgeting than this cube is an outcome. I thought I was such a guy. Although, I don’t use the cube any more after several days of playing with it.