The CUBOT H2 is the successor of the Cubot H1. CUBOT improved and upgraded the CPU, increased RAM, updated the chipset and made a few other changes. In the world more and more networks are upgrading and supporting the fast 4G network. In search of a budget phone that supports 4G the CUBOT H2 is selected. Although the Coolpad F1 was still functioning it did not support 4G, besides that the high battery capacity was an enormous plus. The CUBOT H2 is the first 3G RAM & 5000mAh battery phone in the world, applied by sensitive battery management chipset. CUBOT is a well known brand and have brought many good phones on the market, their focus is mainly the lower price smartphone market with still great and acceptable performances.
- Name: CUBOT H2 4G Phablet Android 5.1
- Display: 5.5 inch 1280 x 720 2.5D IPS Screen
- CPU: MTK6735 64bit Quad Core 1.3GHz
- GPU: ARM Mali-T860
- System: Android 5.1 Lollipop, CUBOT_H5201C_V13_20160328
- RAM + ROM: 3GB RAM + 16GB ROM
- Camera: Front camera 8.0MP + Rear camera 13.0MP
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- GPS: GPS, A-GPS, OTG
- SIM Card: Dual SIM dual standby, dual micro SIM
- Quick charge: PE + 2.5A/1.67A(5V/7V/9V) 1.25A(12V)
WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n, 2.4G/5G
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz
- The main minus thing, which also occurs from unclear reasons, is that sometimes when switching between WIFI and Network no connection is made at all. After a reboot everything works as normal again. Hopefully this gets fixed in the new update.
- A remarkable point is the weight of the phone. It feels heavy if you compare it with other phones, but this is due to the high capacity of the battery which adds more weight.
- The first time after the phone was fully charged, it was a bit disappointing that the battery did not last for half a day. But after charging it for the 3rd time the battery life went up and is as expected intended to be. At a good day and normal usage the battery last for even 3 days!
- Somehow, in the beginning, the CUBOT H2 had trouble when processing texts. There where a few times that during typing a lag occurred and the phone seemed to have trouble progressing the writing real time. A week later it did not happen anymore.
Packaging and Accessories: 8.0
Design and Materials: 8.0
Performance and Heat Dissipation: 7.0
Battery Life: 9.5
OVERALL RATING: 8.7
Check the original CUBOT H2 site for support and more impressions.
Help Others, Share Your Thoughts
Comment below and share your questions and knowledge. Help each other with shopping in China, we all appreciate it.